The Conveyancing Putney Team looks to see Article 4 directions affect a property in Putney and in particular if the Putney Lower Common Conservation Area Article 4 Direction(15 – 36 Commondale) applies.
The Article 4 direction means that the following changes need planning permission:
- External alterations to houses in this area in Putney which would be visible from the street; i.e. all front elevations and some side and rear elevations; this includes the replacement of windows and doors.
- Building porches at the front of the house.
- Laying hard surfaces, e.g. for car parking.
- Demolition of the front boundary or demolition of buildings.
- Painting the outside walls of houses and flats.
- Changes to the roofs of houses; including re-roofing in a different material.
- Building walls, fences or gates on front or boundaries, which face a road or footpath.
For more information about Planning Laws and Conveyancing in Putney please contact our Conveyancing in Putney. For advice from solicitors in Putney please click here.