Solicitor Serina Abay was instructed to handle the Conveyancing in Sheffield by the vendors of a dwelling on Martin Court, Sheffield, South Yorkshire, S21. Upon instruction and in advance to receiving an offer on the property, comprehensive documents were obtained in order to facilitate a fast home move for both parties involved.
The dwelling was subject to an extensive planning history and the appropriate approvals and completion certificates had to be supplied to the purchaser’s Conveyancing Solicitor as proof of compliance with building regulations and guidelines.
The purpose of the building regulations are as follows:
- securing the health, safety, welfare and convenience of persons residing in the building and of others who may also be affected
- furthering the conservation of fuel and power
- preventing waste, undue consumption, misuse or contamination of water
- furthering the protection or enhancement of the environment
- facilitating sustainable development
- prevention or detection of crime
Documents were obtained from Sheffield City Council, Building Standards Department, 2-10 Carbrook Hall Road, Sheffield, S9 2DB for all renovations that were made to the property.
If you are a home owner, the following are examples of works that need approval:
- erection of a building, such as a new dwelling
- structural alterations, like the removal of a load-bearing wall
- extension to the existing dwelling, for example, to the kitchen
- installation of fittings or related services, like a central heating system
- material changes of use to a building, for example, converting a house to flats
- renovating a thermal element such as replacing roof tiles
- installing replacement windows (if you have not used a Fensa or Certass registered company)
- rewiring or modifying electrical installations to an existing dwelling (if you have not used a member of a competent person self-certification scheme)
Conveyancing in Sheffield on behalf of the purchasers was dealt with by Lewis Francis Blackburn Bray Solicitors at 14-16 Paradise Square, Sheffield, S1 2DE.
For more information about Sheffield Conveyancing, contact Fridaysmove on 0330 660 0286.