- how we collect your personal information;
- what personal information we collect;
- how we use your personal information;
- who we share your personal information with; and
- your rights under General Data Protection Regulation.
WHO WE ARE
We are Fitzalan Partners Limited (company number 07314708), and our registered address is 1430 Montagu Court, Kettering Parkway, Kettering, NN15 6XR (referred to as "we" or "us" or "our"). We are registered as a data controller with the Information Commissioner’s Office with registration number Z2607836 for the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the "Act"). Our Data Protection Officer can be contacted at DPO@fridaysmove.com.
This policy (together with our terms and conditions and any other documents referred to in it) sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
A reference to "you" or "your" is a reference to a user of our site and/or our services.
HOW WE COLLECT INFORMATION ABOUT YOU
We may obtain personal information from you through our websites.
If you request a call back or if you call us directly will store the information you give us. All calls to our contact centre are recorded for training and regulatory purposes.
WHAT PERSONAL INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT
Information about you and your property enquiry
The information we collect may include your name, address, contact details (such as email address and phone number) and any other information relevant to your property enquiry.
A cookie is a very small text file placed on your computer or device. Cookies help us to:
- understand browsing habits on our sites;
- understand the number of visitors to our sites and the pages visited;
- Temporarily store users' responses to interactive forms on our website, such as "Contact us";
- Recall users' information when they return our site. This is necessary to provide certain services.
We do not store any personal information in cookies others could read and understand, and we do not track your browsing activity after you have left the website.
The cookies used by Fridaysmove include:
- Temporary "session cookies" which are deleted when you close your web browser.
- "Persistent cookies" which store your personal preferences to make subsequent visits easier and faster, and to remember responses given during earlier visits. These are stored on your computer until you delete them, or they expire.
Most browsers allow you to choose whether to accept cookies or not. If you do not wish to have cookies placed on your computer, please set your browser preferences to reject all cookies, before accessing any Hotjar enabled site. Please note that by doing so, some features of certain Hotjar enabled sites may become unavailable.
To find out more about cookies, including how to see what cookies have been set and how to manage and delete them, visit www.allaboutcookies.org.
HOW WE USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We use your information:
- to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us;
- when you consent to us doing so, to pass on or make available your enquiries to our panel solicitors and/or surveyors to help them communicate with you directly and to provide their service to you;
- to allow you to participate in the interactive services available on our site or to participate in surveys or marketing campaigns via our site, email or telephone;
- to contact you via third party review sites for your views on our services;
- to contact you to notify you occasionally about important changes to our terms and conditions or this policy or developments to our site or our services; and
- to deliver relevant advertising to you whilst you are on our site.
Marketing and communication
Sometimes we may use your personal information to provide marketing messages to you or allow us to communicate with you to check on the progress of your property transaction. We will always seek your consent before doing so and you can opt out of marketing and other communications at any time by contacting us on the details under the “Contact us” section of this policy. We may use your information:
- to provide direct marketing advertisements and communications to you via email, text, post or telephone or via our panel solicitors and/or surveyors;
- to contact you to request your feedback on us and our panel solicitors and/or surveyors; and
- to monitor the effectiveness of our direct marketing communications and your responses to it.
WHO HAS ACCESS TO YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
Only if you have provided the necessary consent, we will share your personal information with:
- our panel solicitor and/or surveyor firms so they can provide services to you where applicable.
- analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our site and to ensure that it is user-friendly and performing correctly.
STORING YOUR INFORMATION
Where we store your personal information
The data that we collect from you may be transferred to, and stored at, a destination outside the European Economic Area ("EEA"). It may also be processed by staff operating outside the EEA who work for us or for one of our suppliers or contractors. By submitting your personal data, you agree to this transfer, storing or processing. We will take all steps reasonably necessary to ensure that your data is treated securely and in accordance with this policy.
Securing your personal information
Your personal data’s security is very important to us. This is why, where it’s appropriate, our sites use HTTPS to help keep information about you secure. However, no data transmission over the internet can be guaranteed to be totally secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
How long do we store your personal information
We may keep your information for a specified period in order to deal with any potential complaints. Our retention periods are set out below. After this specified time period, we will take reasonable steps to remove and delete your personal information from our records and computer systems.
Personal information - Retention period
Call recordings - 6 months
Where we did not introduce you to a solicitor and/or surveyor: your name, email address, telephone number, property address (except postcode stem) - 2.5 years
Where we introduced you to a solicitor and/or surveyor: your name, email address, telephone number, property address (except postcode stem) - 7 years
Name of solicitor and/or surveyor firm acting for you - 7 years
In accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation you have the following rights in relation to your personal data:
The Right to access:
You can request copies of information held about you.
Right to correct:
You have the right to have your personal information rectified if it is inaccurate or incomplete;
Right to erase:
You have the right to request that we delete or remove your personal information from our systems;
Right to restrict our use of your information:
You have the right to ‘block’ us from using your personal information or limit the way in which we can use it;
Right to data portability:
You have the right to request that we move, copy or transfer your personal information;
Right to object:
You have the right to object to our use of your personal information including where we use it for our legitimate interests or where we use your personal information to carry out profiling to inform our market research and customer demographics.
Exercising your rights:
You can exercise your rights at any time by contacting us at Fridaysmove, 95 Chancery Lane, London, WC2A 1DT or email us at email@example.com.
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Questions, comments and requests regarding this policy are welcomed and should be addressed to 95 Chancery Lane, London, WC2A 1DT or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.