Conveyancing Solicitor Jane Lim acted on the purchase of a residential property on Pembridge Gardens, London, W2 4EE on behalf of Mr. and Mrs. T in May 2010 which was valued at £409, 000.
The seller’s Conveyancing Solicitor was DKLM at City House, 3 Cranwood Street, London, EC1V 9PE.
The property was identified as a Grade II listed building and it was important for Jane to ensure that all previous works that were carried out complied with the requirements and planning permissions. Grade II listed buildings are particularly important buildings of more than special interest and although this can significantly increase the resale value of a property, restrictions in regards to permitted renovations can be quite stringent.
The following is a list and descriptions of planning charges detailed in the results of the local search with Westminster City Council:
- 21/10/1974 - Within a designated Conservation Area pursuant to Section 277 of the Town & Country Planning Act 1971 as amended by Section 1 of the Town & Country Amenities Act 1974.
- 2/3/1979 - Construction of a new lift motor room and tank housing.
- 14/5/1980 - Conversion from a hotel into 73 self-contained flats.
- Internal alterations to top floor flat including removal of partition wall between kitchen and living room.
- 15/3/1999 - Raising front of boundary wall by providing and fixing reconstituted stone balustrades together with raising of piers.
- 3/8/2000 - Alteration to rainwater pipes; demolition of chimney stacks; and insulation to rear elevation.
- 1/5/2006 - Smoke Control Order made under Clean Air Act 1956.
The estate agent was the Foxtons branch at 90 Notting Hill Gate, London, W11 3HP.
Fridaysmove would like to thank both Foxtons and DKLM Solicitors for their assistance with this transaction.
The property exchanged on 17/05/2010, completing in the same month.