Fridaysmove -approved Solicitor Dawn Thomas handled the Conveyancing in Wolverhampton for a freehold dwelling situated on Barbel Drive, West Midlands, WV10 and valued at £150, 000. Acting on behalf of the sellers was the Ashfords LLP branch covering Wolverhampton and surrounding areas in the West Midlands.
The property was subject to several rights set out in a transfer dated 02/10/1996, including:
“5. 2 The following rights and privileges are excepted and reserved under this Transfer as appurtenant to the Retained Land and each and every part
5. 2. 1 the right to rebuild or alter any of the buildings now or hereafter erected upon the Retained Land and to develop build on or use the Retained Land at any time or times for any purpose notwithstanding the interference with the access of enjoyment of light or air to or in respect of the Properties;
5. 2. 2 the right to enter upon so much of the Properties as shall be reasonably necessary for the purposes of complying with the Transferor's obligations contained in the Purchase Agreement;
5. 2. 3 provided always that in exercising any such rights the Transferor shall cause as little damage and inconvenience as possible and as soon as practicable make good to the reasonable satisfaction of the Transferee all damage caused to the Properties in the exercise of such rights. ”
The proprietorship register revealed the following restrictions on title:
(12. 03. 2002) RESTRICTION: Except under an order of the registrar no transfer lease or charge by the proprietor of the land or other devolution thereof is to be registered unless a certificate is given by a Director or Secretary of or the solicitors of J S Bloor (Tamworth) Limited or their successors in title to the Amenity Areas (as defined in the Transfer dated 27 February 2002 referred to in the Charges Register) that the provisions contained in clause 13. 9 of the said Transfer have been complied with.
(12. 03. 2002) RESTRICTION: Except under an order of the registrar no disposition by the proprietor of the land is to be registered or noted without the consent of the proprietor of the Charge dated 27 February 2002 in favour of HSBC Bank PLC referred to in the Charges Register.
Dawn had to ensure that the sellers would be able to have to above restrictions discharged in order to facilitate the transfer of the property.
The estate agent handling the sale was the Your Move branch covering Wolverhampton at 3 Waterloo Road, Wolverhampton, Staffordshire, WV1 4DJ.
For Conveyancing in Wolverhampton, contact Fridaysmove at 0330 660 0286.