Lowestoft has seen a significant increase in housing development in recent years, causing the local population to soar above 75, 000. With more purchasers seeking properties in the area, Solicitors anticipate the rise in Lowestoft to continue.
A recent example of Conveyancing in the area was handled by Solicitor Fayruz Cahill on behalf of Mr. and Mrs. B, for the purchase of a freehold dwelling on The Street, Lowestoft, Suffolk, NR32.
The standard searches were carried out through Waveney District Council, at the Marina Customer Service Centre, Lowestoft, NR32 1HH.
Official copies from the land registry supplied to by the vendor’s Conveyancing Solicitor revealed the following details about the title and land:
- Four previous owners
- No mortgage currently registered to the property
- Transfer from 6th May 2008 gives rights to property
- Right to use service media – drains, pipes, cables, etc. .
- Right to enter adjoining land to maintain service media
- Right to support
- Covenant to erect fence to separate boundaries
Guarantees for works and upgrades to the home were supplied by the vendors:
- Electrical certificate
- Gas certificate of compliance
- Architect confirmation of compliance
- Planning consents and approvals
- Building control completion certificates
As is usually the case during the conveyancing process, the local authority search confirmed that The Street is an adopted road and therefore maintained at the expense of the council.
The agent for this sale was Howard's at 132 London Road North, Lowestoft, NR32 1HB, who negotiated a sale price of around £232, 000. With assistance from the seller's Solicitor, Fayruz was able to finalise the transaction without delay.