In January 2010, Solicitor Dawn Thomas was instructed to handle the purchase transaction on behalf of Mr. and Mrs. K for a dwelling located on Wise Lane, Mill Hill, Barnet, NW7.
The local authority district for the property is Barnet London Borough at North London Business Park (NLBP), Oakleigh Road South, Barnet, N11 1NP.
The seller’s handling Conveyancing Solicitor was Darlingtons Solicitors at 48 High Street, Edgware, Barnet, HA8 7EQ.
There were slight delays in the transaction as the documentation that was supplied by the sellers was from July 2008, to which Dawn requested new, up-to-date copies to ensure that the information was accurate and reflected the current property conditions.
The land registry documentation revealed that the property was subject to the following covenants as set out in a transfer dated 31/01/1930:
- “The Transferee is forthwith to erect and for ever after to maintain good and substantial boundary walls and fences on all sides of the land sold.
- The land purchased will be staked out by the Transferors Surveyors whose decision shall be final.
- Only detached and semi-detached dwelling houses shall be erected on the land sold at a prime cost of at least £1000 for each such dwelling house. The plans and elevations shall be submitted for approval to the Transferors Surveyors and the Transferee shall pay their fees not exceeding £1. 1s for each such submission and approval.
- No advertisements hoardings or placards shall be erected on the land other than a board indicating the premises are for sale or to let or the name of the house and its occupier.
- No trade of business shall be carried on upon the land.
- The Transferors reserve the right to waive or alter any of the above conditions. ”
It was important for Dawn to verify that aforementioned covenants had been fully complied with.
The sales marketing was dealt with by Richard James estate agents at 52a The Broadway, Mill Hill, Barnet, NW7 3LH.
The transaction for this £510, 000 home was completed on the 15th of January 2010.
Receive an Exact 'No Sale, No Fee' Conveyancing Quote for your Conveyancing in Barnet transaction by contacting Fridaysmove at 0330 660 0286.