Complaints against Solicitors in Norfolk

If you are unhappy with the level of service provided by your solicitor in Norfolk then there are a number of things you can do.  

Firstly, you should check the client care letter given to you by your solicitor at the start of the transaction which will provide you with details of the level of service you should expect to receive from them. It will also provide you with the name of the supervising partner or the individual responsible for dealing with complaints within the firm. In the first instance, you should contact the named person to see if matters can be resolved within the firm.

If matters cannot be sorted out this way, you can contact the Legal Complaints Service (LSC) and make a formal complaint against the solicitor’s firm.

They will take full details from you and then write to the firm in question setting out your complaint. This can take a few months to resolve, however, it is worth pursuing if there are important issues at stake. You may be entitled to receive compensation and the LSC will advise you on this.

If there are more serious issues involved, e.g. improper conduct on the part of the solicitor, the Solicitors Regulation Authority should  be notified.