Catherine Williams conducted the Conveyancing in Walsall for a home on Lancaster Avenue, Walsall, West Midlands, WS9 in March 2010.
The local authority district for the property is Walsall Council at The Civic Centre, Walsall, WS1 1TP. The local area search indicated past mining activity in the area, so Catherine proactively ordered an additional coal mining search to assess whether or not the property itself was ask risk from mining subsidence.
The following information was provided in the results of the search:
- The property is situated in a past mining district in which 2 seams of coal have been worked at depth over 30 years.
- Coal in reserve - no workings currently planned.
- Situated in an area of Upper Coal Measures, Shales and Mudstones. There are no faults or abnormal features relevant to the property.
- Not within the boundary of a former opencast coal mining site.
- Not within 200m of the boundary of a currently operating opencast coal mining site.
- Not situated within 800m of the boundary of an opencast site for which a license to extract coal by opencast methods has been granted or a license to do so is currently being determined.
- No knowledge of any shafts within 20 metres of the property or the boundary of the property.
- There are no tips or lagoons in the vicinity.
- There are possible ancient coal mining workings within the likely zone of influence on the surface in the vicinity of the property, for which no accurate plans or records exist.
- No knowledge of any intention to work coal by underground methods within influencing distance on the surface in the vicinity of residence, for which notices have been issued under the Coal Mining Subsidence Act 1991.
- Investigations have shown no evidence of coal mining related subsidence claims in relation to the dwelling in the past 10 years.
- Old workings are present but all settlement is likely to have completed long ago. It is unlikely that coal will be worked in the foreseeable future.
- Risk Level: Normal mining risk.
The positive results from the coal mining search enabled the transaction to progress towards completion on the 12th of March 2010. Acting on behalf of the sellers was AS Solicitors at Mayou Court, High Street, Pelsall, Walsall, WS3 4LX.
Fridaysmove would also like to thank the seller's agent, Edwards Moore, and AS Solicitors, for their work during this Conveyancing in Walsall.