Certain criteria must be met in order to extend your lease.
If you answer yes to any of the below you will be totally excluded from the right to extend your lease;
- Was your original lease less than 21 years?
- Have you had the lease for less than 2 years?
- Is your property within the boundaries of a cathedral precinct?
- Is your property a National Trust building?
- Is your property owned by the Crown?
If you answer yes to any of the below you may be excluded from the right to extend your lease;
- The freeholder is part of a charitable housing trust and the flat is provided by the charity as part of charitable work
- The flat has been sub-let by the leaseholder on a long lease (21+ years)
- It is a business lease